As the summer season approaches, I start thinking of all the possibilities that lay ahead for nature study. The weather, longer days, and more time spent outdoors will make completing this series of Outdoor Hour Challenges easier and more reachable for many of us. Writing this ebook has ignited my enthusiasm for subjects that our family has never studied before and I hope it does the same in your family.
The summer nature study book is a little different than the Winter and Spring series ebooks. I have separated the nature study apart from the art and music plans into two different ebooks. There were several reasons for doing this but the most important was organization. I had feedback from readers that found the mixing of the two subjects difficult to navigate.
The new Summer Nature Study using Your Sense Ebook includes:
- 12 Outdoor Hour Challenges-8 new challenges (mosquito, bat, owl, frog, moth and firefly, raccoon and skunk, crickets, evening primrose) and 4 continuing studies (Seasonal Tree, Weather, Cattail, and Bird). All the Outdoor Hour Challenges in this ebook are based on the Handbook of Nature Study and include page numbers and suggested learning observations. The four on-going studies are totally revamped with a new summer focus and they will inspire you to continue in your year-long studies that you started in previous seasons.There is also a new year-long study featuring Queen Anne’s Lace.
- Each challenge will include ways and suggestions to use your senses in nature study, with a focus on nature study in the evenings when it is cooler.
- Many of the challenges are supplemented with information from Discover Nature at Sundown (Discover Nature Series).
- 19 Outdoor Hour Challenge notebook pages and nature journal suggestions.
- 13 optional coloring pages.
- Ideas for field trips other than your normal Outdoor Hour Challenge backyard adventures.
- Links for further enrichment for each Outdoor Hour Challenge.
- Complete list of resources and instructions to get started with this ebook.
- You can view a sample HERE.
- 57 pages
You will have a complete plan at your fingertips for your summer nature study when the opportunities arise. The ebook gives you links and resources to find most of the information online, including the Handbook of Nature Study.
You will need to have the Handbook of Nature Study in order to complete the nature study challenges and this time I have included an additional book for you to use alongside the Handbook of Nature Study. Discover Nature at Sundown is one in a series of nature study books that our family has enjoyed over the years. You can still complete the challenges without this additional book but I highly recommend it if you can find it at your library or used on Amazon.com.
Please realize that the challenges will be offered for free on my blog and are found on the Summer Nature Study tab at the top of the page. The ebook gathers the challenges all into one easy to use resource along with the custom notebook pages. If you purchase the book now, you will have the complete twelve week plan all at one time for you to use as you find time. The notebook pages will only be available in the ebook.
Please let me know if you have any comments or questions through email: [email protected]
Thank you for your continued support of nature study in your family.
Barb-Harmony Art Mom