Spring is upon us and now is the time to get outdoors with our families and really observe the wonders of nature all around our neighborhoods. Whether you make this series of challenges a part of your homeschooling week or you are a family who will complete these challenges on the weekends, the simple nature study ideas you find in this ebook will give you the tools to get started. We are going to have fun exploring our neighborhoods for flowering trees, press flowers for our nature journals, learn about a garden critter, and so much more together with this season of nature study.
The sample linked below lists the topics covered in this new series but don’t be discouraged if you look at the list and think you don’t have that particular subject close at hand. There are suggested adaptations that will allow any family to complete this series of nature study activities in your own backyard or neighborhood.
The More Nature Study Book #3 challenges were written for families with children of all ages.You can keep it simple and enjoy your outdoor time with your little ones using the basic challenge. If you have older children or find your child is particularly interested in a certain topic, there are ways to increase the depth of each challenge by adding in additional notebook pages or further research using ideas and suggestions in the ebook.
Outdoor Hour Challenge:
More Nature Study Ebook #3 Spring 2012
- Ten completely new challenges using the Handbook of Nature Study. See a list of topics and a Sample Challenge.
- 13 notebook pages and 11 coloring pages
- 17 additional Upper Level notebook pages for advanced or experienced students
- 10 Charlotte Mason style exam questions
- Complete list of supplies needed (nothing fancy or expensive)
- Detailed instructions for each challenge, including links (including YouTube videos) and printables
- Nature journal suggestions and examples
- All the challenges will coordinate with the March through May Outdoor Hour Challenge Newsletters
- Alternate ideas to adapt the challenges to your local area
- 74 pages
This is a huge library of thirty spring themed nature study ideas with fifty notebook pages! Also, there are spring themed art and music appreciation ideas to complement your nature study.
Spring Weather (2) , Spring Tree (buds, catkins, and blossoms), Robin, Buttercups and Poppies, Ferns, Dogwood, Goats, Vines (Sweet peas, dodder, hedge bindweed), Garden snails, Iris, Spring Bird, Dandelions, Cattails, Apple Tree, Cats, Snakes, Earthworm, Ants, Seeds, Flower Parts, Pressing Flowers, Drawing Flowers, Leaf Parts, Pollen, Weeds, Sunflowers.
See the Spring Nature Study tab on my blog for additional specifics for each ebook and a sample.