More Nature Study Book #4
Inside Preparation Work:
- Brainstorm ways that summer weather is different from weather the rest of the year. Make a list of summer weather words to be recorded in your nature journal (or notebook page from the ebook).
Outdoor Hour Time:
- There is so much to see outside during the summer. Birds, bees, butterflies, squirrels, and many other creatures are active during the daylight hours. There are plenty of trees, flowers, and summer views to be seen as well. Even though your weather may be hot, fit in some outdoor time for this challenge to observe what your summer world is like, paying attention to describing the season’s weather.
- Ebook Users: There is a small scavenger hunt grid on your notebook page…have fun! Check the July 2012 Newsletter for another grid you can use as part of this challenge.
- You may wish to keep a weather chart over the next few weeks or perhaps once a month for the next year. Here is a free printable Weather Chart from the Handbook of Nature Study.
- Advanced Study: Complete a nature journal recording your summer weather observations. Include temperature, cloud types, precipitation, humidity. Ebook Users: There is a custome summer weather observation notebook page for you to use with this challenge.
- Advanced Study-Optional Activity: Design a summer weather related project to complete during the next few weeks. Ask a question or make a prediction about your local weather. Write up your experiment in your nature journal, recording your results or your data gathered. You can make it simple or complex depending on your interest. Ebook Users: There is a notebook page in the ebook for you to use to record your weather related project.
Additional Links With Ideas for a Weather Related Project:
- Weather Wiz Kids—Read through some of the activities here to make up a question or to find an area that interests you.
- Weather Science Fair Projects—This list will get your juices flowing.
- Weather and Atmosphere Projects
All the summer challenges for 2012 are included in the new More Nature Study Book #4 Summer Sizzle ebook. The challenges in the ebook are the same challenges that will post every Friday here on my blog. If you want to follow along with notebook pages and coloring pages, click over and learn more about the ebook.