Once a Month Journal Project – April 2016
Recap your month.
There are many months that slip away before we can make a single nature journal entry. As part of my Once a Month Nature Journal Project, I would like to encourage you to create a page that recaps your month’s nature journal experiences.
Nature Journal Page Ideas – Recap Your Month!
- Start your page by writing the month’s name at the top. Invite your child to draw an object from this month’s outdoor time. Have them write a sentence or jot down some words that come to mind from this month’s outdoor experiences.
- Lists are an easy way to document your month.Create a list of things of interest, birds observed, wildflowers blooming, etc
- Recap your month’s weather on a page. Describing the change of a season is always an interesting page.
- Print a photo of a place you visited and remind your children of the things you observed on a nature walk. A photo often inspires a memory of something from an outing.
- Summarize any nature walks you took during the month or even just make a list of the places you visited.
Don’t miss this! I have created a Pinterest Board for journal page examples. I will label each entry with the prompt that describes it best for future reference.
If you would like to contribute to the board, you will need to follow this Pinterest Board and then leave me a comment letting me know you want to be added. Important: If you contribute to the board, you need to include in your description the prompt it is featuring.
Sample: Our The Window Nature Journal
If you don’t include a description using one of the monthly journal prompts, I may remove it. This is not a board to post general nature journal pages. It is strictly for pages created using one of the monthly prompts as part of this project.
Please note that you are not committed to make a journal each month…participate as you can and share your results to encourage others.
Do you enjoy nature study with your family? Please check into the Ultimate Naturalist Library here on the Handbook of Nature Study. This is a library of ebooks, newsletters, and dozens of printable notebook pages and activities for you to use along with your nature study program.