I have been diligently working on a new ebook that gathers together many of the bird challenges here on the Handbook of Nature Study website. The challenges have all been revamped, updated, enhanced, and supplemented with images and notebooking pages for your nature journal.
New Ebook Available for Ultimate Naturalist and Journey Level Members!
Here are the specifics:
- This 65 page digital ebook has 8 challenges and supplemental activities that will help you learn more about your local birds using the Handbook of Nature Study as well as the book, Backyard Birds. (See the Amazon.com store for the bird related resources.)
- There are 6 notebooking pages included in the ebook. Two of these are general bird study pages that can be printed multiple times to meet your family’s needs.
- Full color photos of every bird included in the ebook.
- Additional information on birdfeeders, bird seed, nature table ideas, life lists, field guide help, and online identification.
- There is enough material in this ebook to provide 8 weeks of bird study or more depending on how long you take to complete each challenge. Every challenge has more than one bird-see list of birds included below.
- The ebook contains a chart that links every bird discussed in the Handbook of Nature Study (the book) to a challenge here on the website. This chart will help you find the bird challenges found in other OHC ebooks as well as the corresponding notebooking pages (if available).
- Sample: Print your ebook sample here: Learning About Birds from the Outdoor Hour Challenge.
- Please Note: I am highly recommended the purchase and use of NotebookingPages.com’s Basic Bird Study pages and the North American Birds set of pages to use alongside the new Learning About Birds ebook here on the Handbook of Nature Study website. She has such excellent pages that fit perfectly with the birds featured in my new ebook! See below for special offer!
How do you get the new Learning About Birds ebook?
Members of the Ultimate Naturalist and Journey levels have access to the new ebook in their library. You need to click the “Members Area” button at the top of the website, sign into your account, and the ebook is there to download and safe for your family to use when desired.
If you don’t have a membership yet, I am offering a $5 off discount code that will be good towards your Ultimate Naturalist membership.
Discount Code: BIRDLOVER5
Recommended Supplement to the Learn About Birds with the Outdoor Hour Challenge ebook!
Get Your Free Notebooking Pages!
In addition, I am please to announce that Debra from NotebookingPages.com has generously given my readers access to her Basic Bird Study Pages for FREE! This set is highly recommended as a supplement to the Learning About Birds ebook! You will need to click over to NotebookingPages.com using the link above, add the item to your cart, enter the code ohcfreebird, and you will have access to the set of notebooking pages.
Free Notebooking Pages Code: ohcfreebird
How To Get Started With This New Ebook!
- Make sure you have a membership to the Handbook of Nature Study website! Click the Purchase Now button above or the Join Us button on the website. If you don’t already have a membership, use the discount code above for $5 off an Ultimate Naturalist Membership. If you are a member, sign in to your library and download the book.
- Have the required books in your home library- Handbook of Nature Study and Backyard Birds. Both books are listed in the new Learning About Birds ebook on the resources page or you can click to my Amazon.com store for purchasing them now.
- Make sure to collect your FREE Basic Bird Study pages from NotebookingPages.com by following the instructions above!
- Purchase your North American Birds Notebooking Pages from NotebookingPages.com.
- Enjoy your bird nature study using the convenient plan in this new ebook!
I will be including some of these Outdoor Hour Challenges for birds over the next year. You may wish to subscribe to the Handbook of Nature Study blog so you can receive the prompts in your email box each Friday. Also, subscribers receive my free monthly nature study newsletter on the first of every month. It is full of nature study encouragement, activities, and printables.